Thread: News Article: Hunter's working on getting Tinordi
View Single Post
Old
07-15-2010, 12:41 PM
maxpower2010*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I'd rather him go to London. The NCAA system rubs me the wrong way. The argument for him going the NCAA route is that he'll have more time to 'bulk up'. It doesn't seem to have done miracles for Leblanc, who needs to bulk up far more than tinordi does. He's already 204 lbs, granted he's 6'6. He'll gain muscle if he goes the OHL route as well, and get to play more games to boot. I'd like him to be under someone that teaches him how to use that mean side.

And if some of you think that hunter hasn't matured and grown since the turgeon incident, grow up.
I hate the bulking up excuse for going the NCAA route. Bulk can only take you so far, and at a certain point you need functional strength to go with it. That's where muscle recovery and cardio come into play hockey-wise. That's also where you'll see the benefits of getting used to an 80+ game schedule and the rigours that come with it. Tinordi should be using his time off to improve his playing shape, and not looking at the weak NCAA season as a time to do so.

It's not like this kid is 160 pounds. He needs to focus on his hockey skills first and foremost. Even if he adds just 5 pounds a year he'll be 216 come his first AHL season. Size isn't an issue for this kid.

maxpower2010* is offline   Reply With Quote