View Single Post
Old
10-01-2003, 10:01 PM
JOE_SCHMOE

vCash: 500
Smyth, is there still a chance he could be playing center?

Hey people,

We just finished drafting for a yahoo league, with points based on everything from +/- to pims to face offs won, etc. I managed to steal Ryan Smyth in the 3rd round, with the 45th pick. Now I know if the guy stays healthy he's good for 30+ goals, his share of PP pts and pims, but what I really want to know is if the Oilers are planning on using him at center like they were suggesting early on in camp because if that's the case then he'll be a real dynamo for me considering he's listed as a LWer in our pool and wont be taking up a center posn from my roster, while still pouring in the face wins.

Was it just an experiment or does it look like it could actually happen?

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all

PS - I also wound up with Dvorak and Brewer as late round pick-ups (10th and 11th rounds respectively) so if anyone wants to give me a heads up on what I can expect from either of those guys this year, that would be a bonus. I'm thinking 25g and 50pts (lots on the PP) with an even rating for Dvorak is definately attainable; while Brewer hopefully bounces back with a solid 30+ pt season, with some decent defensive #s (pims and +/-).