View Single Post
Old
10-01-2003, 10:46 PM
Dr_Gonz0

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alzardnp1
oh, and as for Smyth. I don't think the center experiment will last very long. So don't count on it. If healthy, he should be able to get you about 60-70 points, with around a +5 rating.
To me this is rather sad. Smyth and Isbister click, and if we want to see Isbister break out, we will have to give him premium players to play with, and top line minutes. The chemistry between Smyth and Hemsky is already in place. Those 2 knew where the other would be at all times for the last month of the season it seemed. They should at least give the Isbister-Smyth-Hemsky line a dozen games to see if they can suceed. Face-offs are something Smyth could get better with, with some practice, and due to his rough and tumble style, its very hard on his body. Putting him at centre and keeping him from getting bashed up in the crease will prolong his career and keep him off the IR, let the larger Isbister go to the crease to cause a ruckus, it suites him better. This line has all the makings of a true first line IMO:

Isbister - Crease-crasher, make room on the ice for hemsky.
Hemsky - The brains of the operation.
Smyth - The finish man that Hemsky needs to put those pretty passes in the net.

If you look back a few years, it even sort of resembles the Smyth-Weight-Guerin line, except the playmaker would now be on the right wing instead of at centre. these boys all ahve seemed to click, and it would be a shame to not at least give them a chance at the big dance before they are broken up. Just my 2 cents.