View Single Post
Old
07-16-2010, 03:31 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
The Hawks were forced into all those moves... and nobody is happy about it, as I understand it.

The Flyers were/are not in as dire a position, and were in a position going in of adjusting for need... Half that is done and the other half is hopefully coming... The other deals are based on Homer's tweaking for what he sees as a better squad. It remains to be seen, IMO, if Homer is correct -- Gagne/Zherdev moves are one year Cap adjustments that Homer hopes will pan out -- there is no reason to go out of the way to revamp a team that went to Game Six of the SCFs... not to the extent the Hawks were forced to do anyway.
No matter how you slice it the hawks are going to have a large percentage of turnover from the team that won the cup. Do you really think the players give a crap about why this is being done. No, plus the hawks are still going to lose players. I happen to like a GM who tinkers. I would rather have a GM who tries to make the team better than one that sits on his behind and does nothing. Plus it gives us more ammo to BS,

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote