View Single Post
Old
07-16-2010, 08:23 AM
IrishSniper87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Like, best player in the world circa 2006 Ronaldhino? What happened to that guy? Did he fall off completely or something? I noticed he wasn't on the World Cup Squad, but I figured it was an injury or something.
The guy just hit the much hated 30, and in soccer, 30 means your time is quickly coming to an end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
From my seats vs Celtic game. Thankfully people lit off fireworks and sparklers to keep me entertained in the crowd.

That's pretty awesome man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Older than dirt at this stage of his career. He would dominate MLS though obviously.
Which is why LA wants him.

I think he signs with the Galaxy and one of Beckham or Donovan is out. Beckham wants a permanent transfer (which is stupid, the past transfer her was on, he was a BACKUP) and Donovan is drawing massive interest from European clubs eager to purchase his contract. His contract is still in effect though, and he always transfers in the MLS offseason to play in Europe.

With the new rules, teams can have 3 designated players (effective this season), meaning the LA Galaxy could technically keep Ronaldinho, Donovan and Beckham and roll them all out if they can afford them.

MLS salary cap lets teams buy expensive players if they pay them themselves. Donovan is home grown, but his deal is unique that it is above the MLS cap and he is considered a designated player because of it.