Getting your legs for late games
View Single Post
07-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by
Lol for those wondering, yes I work at an office and yes it can be very stressful. Staring at a computer for 7 hours can be fatiguing.
I'll try jogging about an hours before my game on Saturday, let you guys know how it works.
I'm in the same boat, in an office for 8 hours a day.
When I get up and around and do stuff during the workday, I find that I "warm up" in a game much easier. Stuff includes:
- Parking far away and walking a 1/2 mile to/from work.
- Taking the stairs instead of the elevator (working on the 11th floor has it's advantages!)
- Going for hour-long walks/hikes during lunch (Edmonton's river valley is awesome for this).
- Grabbing a coworker or two, walking to the park, and playing catch / frisbee / etc during coffee breaks.
- Doing stretching exercises a couple times a day.
I can't get *too* intense during the work day, because I sweat a lot and there's no showers at work. But keeping the blood flowing all day definitely helps me in the evenings.
A lot can be said for warming up right before a game too, but that's already been said.
View Public Profile
Visit densetsu's homepage!
Find More Posts by densetsu