View Single Post
Old
07-16-2010, 03:58 PM
DangleBerry94*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Marc Staal appeared at a charity event in Thunder Bay yesterday. He didn't discuss his contract. Don't know if he was asked. You could tell the writer of the story doesn't know what is going on

http://www.tbnewswatch.com/sports/10...ayoffs-on-mind
interesting that he noted the effort lacking on a lot of nights. i've said it before, and i don't think it's a physical issue so much as a mental one, but he is one of our jekyl and hyde players. when he plays crosby/jordan, ovechkin, eric, and when someone takes a run at him he turns into a monster. aside from those occasions he is still our most reliable defenseman, but when he turns it on and starts rushing the puck a little bit he is a bull at both ends of the ice. not to mention he can bring the wood when he wants to and is smart enough to pick the spots right and not bring himself out of position. little swipe at the forwards there too ie (paraphrasing) "we have the defense and goaltending". not that he is incorrect. but i would like to see him mentally more engaged and play a bit meaner. that said, lock him up and don't look back.