View Single Post
07-16-2010, 04:05 PM
vCash: 500
Tough call--I think you should try and get the gloves since that's probably something that would negatively impact your shot if its loose. As for the stick, just keep your eyes open--even go to rinks after practice--see what stuff gets left behind, seems cheap but you find some good stuff, but maybe go to all out and get a stick too Dicks has some good cheap sticks that could last awhile I shop there.

Here's something to consider too (for people who think equipment needs to be top of the line and so forth)

A young man went to the rink in Brick Township, New Jersey every afternoon and was pretty recognizable since he was wearing all used equipment, shoulder padding that was hanging on by a thread, pants that were showing there own wear and gloves that were not any better. He most notably wore socks of two completely different colors and skates that were probably taken from his old man's junk collection in the attic. But he was most recognizable for his skill, because within the group of kids with new skates, new top of the line equipment and socks that did match, this young kid skated past them all every afternoon and soon developed into the 1987 center Jim Dowd. Yep same one who played 16 seasons in the NHL and hoisted the Stanley Cup with the New Jersey Devils in 1995. Probably can afford top of the line equipment now, but people like me from Brick enjoy hearing that about our the Brick, NJ native.

looksshootsscores is offline   Reply With Quote