Thread: News Article: Hunter's working on getting Tinordi
View Single Post
Old
07-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
schools like Minnesota, Michigan, North Dakota, Denver, BC, BU, etc... attract the best prospects because they have the best programs and can give out full scholarships. Not knowning all the players Havard has had, I'd wager a guess that Leblanc would be among the best.

Personally I don't see what being on a bad hockey team is so bad, it won't take away from his skills, and he's going to get a lot of ice time. I just don't see it as a big deal.
all depends on the coach...

at his age, and development level, being pushed in practice daily/competing for minutes/roles, learning from older players with similar aspirations (at that age even 2-3 years can be a huge difference in maturity), these are all factors that will influence his development.
from all indications, he has a good work ethic/attitude, so even if he doesn't benefit from ideal peer mentors, he should be able to stay on the right track... but it makes it much more dependant on him having the right mindset, day in day out, and what kind of training atmosphere the coach creates will have a huge impact on that.

not a big deal, but not the ideal situation. I don't know enough about the Harvard program/leadership to really comment strongly either way since he could just as easily go to the CHL and end up in a situation that isn't great depending on what the coaching staff is like... not all CHL teams are well run/coached.

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote