View Single Post
Old
07-16-2010, 06:32 PM
doobie604

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMCANADIAN View Post
Thanks!!!! I agree that the best way is for him to experiment with different stick brands and curves, but my wallet doesn't agree!

The Bauer site says the P88 is the Kane curve (if it matters). He did tend to send his slap shots high over the net as opposed to wide of it, but the "Coffee curve" worked really well in tight, lifting the puck and picking corners.

I'm from the "wood age" of sticks...I agree with you that technique is the most important thing but I'm guessing the stick selection helps (or hinders)?

What do you mean "once the blade goes soft" and how does one tell if that happens?

Thanks again
it does get expensive trying out new ops all the time, it would be more cost effective to go with a high end shaft like the one95 which take standard blades, that way you can have few different curves (wood blades are usually around $20 each) to test it out. once he find his curve, then you can spend more on a highend blade or getting an ops with that curve. you can test if the blade is soft by trying to twist or bend the blade. if there are any movement or sound coming from the blade it has gone or going soft and it will affect the shot.

doobie604 is offline   Reply With Quote