View Single Post
Old
07-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Couldn't agree more. I was saying that in the Guerin thread. We have a logjam at the forward position and essentially the same players as last year up front. What has me concerned is that MAB really helped us regarless of the obvious defensive blunders. He did score that game winning goal in one of the games vs Was too. (huge props to Gomer on that play).

I also think with Price's first year as THE man and with PK in his real rookie year it might be wise to get another defenseman with offensive upside. If not, at least a guy like maybe Andy Sutton. Not a huge fan but I like the size and physicality and the experience.
MAB was an imperfect fill-in. The Habs missed Markov for 35 consecutive games at the beginning of the season as well as in the second and third rounds of the playoffs. Subban played comparatively few games overall. Spacek also missed games. Barring new injuries, the Habs should be deeper at D than they have been in years even if Spacek and Hamrlik have seen their best days already. Assuming that Pouliot and Kostitsyn play up to their capabilities and Eller matures, the Habs will have a reasonable amount of of scoring depth. The players on the first two lines should be familiar with each other now that they have had a season of adjustment.

Still, it may be difficult for the Habs to improve upon last season. It's not because they won't be better but because certain other teams have improved even more.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote