Thread: Proposal: Carter and Coburn to LA
View Single Post
Old
07-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
My thinking on a Gagne to LA deal is one to dump Cap, add picks and clear room for signings... all the while allowing Cap for signing a bridge veteran goalie.

LA wants Gagne and has Cap space and not that many signed players on the roster... Gagne is wanted by a few teams and therefore can be worth a decent return. I'd trade Gagne and Carcillo to LA for a first round pick and a lower on -- depending on what they feel is fair -- The Flyers would get two picks, one very high, and clear up $6.355M and a spot for Powe on the roster after being signed... They have Shelly and with Powe IMO Carcillo is expendable. That would clear up Cap for a decent veteran goalie that would hold down the fort until the Flyers can develop one of their prospects. If the Flyers add another young prospect in return that gives no veteran presence besides Leighton/Boucher and clogs up the pipeline.

They Flyers need a spot for Powe and Cap space for a Goalie... and quality draft picks to replenish what has been lost. The Flyers do NOT need more players nor to lose key players... nor swap key players. Losing Gagne is enough... and Carcillo is now excess after Shelly was signed; LA should like Carcillo's Flyers type of toughness since the Kings have former Flyers in the management roles in Lombardi and Hextall.

In my mind a simple solution that gives both teams what they need and doesn't take away what they can't afford to lose... And Gagne goes to a team he likes.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote