View Single Post
Old
07-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Souvenirs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski17 View Post
I have to disagree with you, for a captain, you don't need to look at his age or what pairing/line he is playing at. Captains are getting younger and younger (Toews, Staal, Crosby, Ovetchkin, Nash, Brown, Weber). Gorges, to me, is the best option. We see him talk to the reporters almost everyday, he is workhorse on the ice (I don't know how he is off the ice) and he came back after getting hit by Green's shot the day after where most people would either miss a few games or not play 100%. Cammalleri would be my 3rd choice behind Gionta, but that dosen't mean he is bad. We are lucky to have many leaders in the room and, right now Cammalleri might the fan favorite, but I'm scared that french media will blast him for not speaking french and blast him for every tiny locker room problem like they did for Koivu. Last thing I wanna see is Cammalleri unhappy in Montreal for all the random criticism he'll get.
Well, let's face it, none of our potential captains speak French : Markov, Gorges, Cammy, Gionta. I don't see why Cammy would have it harder than anyone else.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote