View Single Post
Old
10-02-2003, 03:17 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
This isnt a piss fight here. Comrie probably is the better player than Hartnell. Although its hard to judge between players when they are so young and have totally different games. My point has not been that a player is better than others, but his value to the predators. THe Predators place a lot of value in grit, character, strong two way game, and leadership qualities. All of these Hartnell has shown, and he has the potential to be a monster PF. I'm not saying he will reach this potential, but he could. Hartnell is one of our first round picks that fans love. I can't see management moving any of them unless a really sweet deal as in monster overpayment occurs b/c of this fact. You do not understand how fragile hockey is in TN, and it is finally starting to gain a fanbase. I say wait a few years before the Preds start making in big trades. Right now, they simply can't afford the shock to the fans, especially if one of the players we trade for doesn't pan out.

Hope this helps. I'm not being a homer, just pointing out some basics. Tennessee fans are not as informed as Edmonton's. Although I will say, this year things are beginning to change drastically. THe newspaper is covering the team quite well, and lots of media marketing is going on.