View Single Post
Old
07-17-2010, 10:48 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
There's no sense trying to reason with this guy. Everything we say that's based on watching Hamhuis play for the last 6+ seasons in Nashville will go out the window, because it's "bitterness over losing him," and he'll choose to believe that the stats tell the tale.

Objectively, I know this:

Hamhuis's defensive play has gone from rock solid as a third pairing guy on the 05-06 and 06-07 team, to pretty good in 07-08 and 08-09, to downright average\inconsistent in 09-10. Believe that if you will...or don't. I don't care. He has great games, but he also has very, very bad games. He's can be too passive physically, leans on playing the puck over the body FAR too much(leading to a tendency to get burned by slick puck handlers), and he's more likely to screen his own goalie\tip a puck by than clear the crease. That said, on most nights, he'll do a steady enough job on the second pairing. Is all of that worth 4.5 million? Not in my opinion...but...go ahead and chalk that up to "bitterness" like everything else. I personally wasn't sad to see him go, most of us weren't, and that's at any price. I'm more bummed about Grebeshkov being gone, honestly.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote