View Single Post
Old
04-05-2005, 05:55 PM
kalehr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Thing
You've gotta be kidding - you're in the Cities? I had no idea what part of the planet you were posting from! That's perfect. Just walk in the front door, bear slightly to your left, and they're over by the hiking boots. They're about 30 bucks a pair, but well worth it. I think they have a money back guarantee, too, in case they don't work out. Good luck.

Bythe way, where do you skate around there? Augsburg? I'm looking for some summertime rinks around the West Bank area.
Yup, just moved to Minneapolis in January for grad school. I've been taking my skating classes out at Braemar and Bloomington Ice Gardens, they aren't really that far away from campus, only about a 20 drive (at least, that's how long it takes ME to get to those two rinks ). If you want something closer to campus, you are correct that Augsburg is your best bet. You can also try Parade or maybe even Victory Memorial (which isn't really that near the U, but it is in the NE part of Minneapolis), hopefully you'll find what you need at one of those places. BTW, if you find out about any rinks in the Twin Cities that offer summer adult skating classes on the weekends or in the evening, please let me know. I'm trying to get my skating up to the point where I can start playing beginner hockey and possibly go through one of the refereeing certification clinics in the fall.