Thread: Confirmed with Link: Corey Potter Signs With Penguins
View Single Post
Old
07-18-2010, 08:33 AM
dedalus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
You try to sound like some sort of intellectual and essentially say at least 2 or 3 times in each post things like "I find it funny.." "Most humorous about your post.."
Sorry, friend. That's not me trying to sound like an intellectual. That's me laughing at you.

Quote:
instead of engaging in an actual debate you'd rather just flame what I've got to say and call me a fan boy. Is there a reason you're so hostile about something so futile as a topic on a message board? Not hugged enough as a child?
See anything funny here? You should. For at least two reasons.

Quote:
You wanna sit here and tell me that we're awful in drafts based solely on 2003
Strawman.

Quote:
then try and tell me 2004 was awful and throw an incorrect fact out there that we only got one legitimate NHLer in that draft, when we got both Dubinsky and Callahan, one top 6 player and another that looks as though he'll be a perennial 20 goal scorer that kills penalties, can contribute on the powerplay and will probably dawn the C on his chest sooner than later in his career whether it's here or elsewhere.
Actually you'll see that I talked about none of those things in my last post, namely because I refuse to further chase your red herring.

Also you'll need to re-read my post more carefully. You'll find an error in your statement above.

Quote:
I realize we're awful right now in part because of how bad we flopped in the draft in the past. I didn't say it's OK that we didn't produce anything in the 2003 draft. I just find it pointless to sit here and talk about it when we've been able to have successful drafts or what look to be promising drafts since.
Thank you. You could not have more beautifully presented the contradiction of your first and all subsequent posts.

You acknowledge that the current team's failures are a product of the past: you actually STATE the relevance of that draft to the team right now, today. You immediately move on to dismiss discussion of it as "pointless," (presumably because it's an incidence of mere "hindsight"). Do you see the problem with this thinking? It cannot be both "pointless" and pertinent to this team at the same time.

So let's get down to brass tacks. You dismiss the things you don't wish to discuss as products of mere "hindsight" because they are historical examinations of a bad thing: Ranger failure. You find it "pointless" to discuss these failures, but you find it "pointless" and "hindsighted" for one reason: you simply don't want people to talk about Ranger failures.

If I used "hindsight" to talk about Ranger successes - as you have done - you would have no issues with "hindsight." We know this because you have actually used such "hindsight" to discuss these successes. We know you would think it "had a point," because you yourself have made this point.

So what your posts are really saying is nothing more than "Shut up! Only talk about GOOD things! Anything else is pointless and hindsighted ... even if it directly relates to the current team's fortunes."

Understand, you are free to say what you wish, but when you try to couch "Shut up" in artificial language and logical fallacies, I'm going to comment on it.

Now if you'd like to talk about Corey Potter and the draft that produced him, feel free. That's what I've been talking about. If you're going to insist on this red herring of other drafts, I'm going to continue to ignore it since I have no desire to honor your logical fallacy.

Quote:
When you've got guys coming straight to the NHL out of juniors and producing like we've had in Staal and Del Zotto, I don't know how you can't think we're at least doing OK in the draft.
Strawman.

Quote:
good riddance, join the other doomsday guy that "hates this franchise"
Ad hominem

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote