View Single Post
Old
07-18-2010, 09:38 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Things will of course change during the year et c. But there are a few things I would like to look into. If the lines below can come together I think we have a PO team.

First line:
Dubinsky-Christensen-Gaborik//This is my option nr 1. A lot is won if this line can get it done, especially since Prospal would be spared for the lower lines.

Second line:
Drury-Prospal-MZA
I am kind of intrigued by this line. Maybe it would be too weak/leight, but all three can play some, Drury have a good shoot and MZA could open up space for him. You know it would have a ton of energy.

If don't work, Avery can be used by on LW on that line.

Anyway, I think the 2nd line is the key to our season. I am 100% sure MZA can get something done right away -- in the right environment.

Third line and fourth line:
Avery-Anisimov-Callahan
Energy line.

Prust-Boyle-Massmurderer
Energy line.

//We saw last season how things can get done with pure will and attitude, alone with a lot of size et c. I think these two lines are a pretty big strength. They will get under the skin of the teams we face, they can back up anything they start et c.

If we can find a 2nd line that works -- we could be a versatile and deep team. But we need that 2nd line that can be offensively creative, open things up -- and be darn sneaky and score the odd goals.

Staal-Rozi

MDZ-Girardi

Redden-Gilroy
The first line is scary but Dubi will drop the gloves and I doubt he was on the ice when carcillo and the franchise threw punches last year. Christensen I am unimpressed by but I think he enjoys the NY lifestyle, wants to be on the Rangers, is affordable, has decent wheels and perhaps could surprise. Worth a shot to see if there is some chemistry there. Also allows Prospal to drop to 2nd line which is a net positive.

I like the look of that 2nd line too as I think Drury can post better numbers than last year (lets all hope so). Prospal is due for a regression as is his pattern but he slots nicely on the 2nd line with the wildcard UFA signing.

Regarding the 3rd line I have been saying over and over that Artem just doesn't have enough hockey sense. So slotting him on the 3rd line with Cally and Avery is a good move IMO. Artem said he wanted teammates who will stick up for him and with these two that will be no problem. Perhaps allowing artem to carry the puck MORE and feed the guys off the rush or just to dump in the corners and let them dig it out.

4th line is a no brainer. The only concern I have is that nobody from Hartford gets a taste of the show which is concerning as the message sent to grinders is that they can't make the team even when they do what coach wants.

the defensive situation will obviously hinge on the WADE. I am still shaking my head on Sanguinetti as much as I was on the Korpikoski deal.

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote