View Single Post
Old
07-19-2010, 03:54 PM
PocketGnome

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangleDangleBeach View Post
just because it doesnt make sense on paper doesnt mean it wont work out... im aware that holland can waive/trade/cut some guys if necessary.

just hard to watch guys like eaves and miller turn it around so hard with us then maybe have the door shut on them. once again... i know its a business, just would a tough loss imo.

i do disagree with one thing however.... miller/eaves may be a dime a dozen, great shutdown pk guys but ritola has never been given a chance (much like quincey) so its tough for me to agree that he is as well "a dime a dozen"

with or without modano i like what we have going for next year... i love our top 6 already.... dats z holmstrom, franzen filpula hudler, third line of bert, cleary, modano/abby.... its going to be a fun year
Consider the roles of the players. Who is the better option at 3rd line center?

Quincey had plenty of chances. Quincey was a guy who couldn't beat out Chelios or Meech for a roster spot.

Ritola probably doesn't have a long term plan with the team anyway. Mursak, Tatar, Nyquist, Nestrasil, Sheahan, Ferraro all project much nicer to the NHL. Ritola is gone as far as I'm concerned, it's just a matter of when.

PocketGnome is offline   Reply With Quote