Old
07-20-2010, 01:27 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Gotta disagree. Even at the time there was a lot of concerns about the types of salaries they were and the no-trade clause in Drury's contract.

The problem with a lot of Sather's moves isn't the players, as much as it compounding the player with the contract.

I'll also disagree that they paid what the market deemed approriate. Too often, Sather seems to be bidding against himself when it comes to guys he falls in love with.

Bottom line is simple, good teams get the right players at the right price. We have no constructed a good team.
Didn't Dallas offer nearly the same deal to Redden? And Buffalo the same to Drury? I don't remember what anyone else offered for Gomez, but I'd bet the received offers close to what we gave him.

Slats doesn't bid against himself, he just doesn't know when to quit when other teams start bidding too high. Seems like he doesn't like "losing" when it comes to bidding on free agents.

Anyway, still like this trade. I may have been Zaborsky's biggest advocate here, but he needed a new organization if he was ever to make it.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote