View Single Post
Old
07-20-2010, 02:42 PM
ChiTownHawks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nystromshairstylist View Post
Maybe I should have waited another year before joining the league and taking more clinics/classes.

When I asked one of my adult beginner clinic coaches, who also happens to be the manager of the hockey league, if he thought i was up to the task, he was unsure if I was ready to join it. He might have been right, and being a super nice guy, didn't want to dissuade me...
Honestly I think this is the answer. I am by no means an advanced player, in fact I have only been playing organized hockey for probably 6 months more than you, but I know how you feel. You are probably not ready for any league play yet. You have only been playing for 4 months or so and you probably don't have enough confidence to be playing out there properly. I know I tried to join a league way too quick and I was way overmatched. I knew I was hurting the team and my confidence was shot. I told the team for their benefit that I was going to take the rest of the season off to improve my game rather then being out there bringing them down and possibly injuring myself and other's with my inexperience. The team was cool with it (not short on players at all) and I was happy to have the pressure off me. Take some time to get better on your own and when you are really ready then get out there and kick some ass. Next time a jerk tries to push you around you will have the ability and the confidence to either avoid the hit or go lay him on his ass next time down the ice.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote