View Single Post
Old
07-20-2010, 03:10 PM
agrudez*

vCash: 500
To me this offseason isn't about whether we have improved or not (which, imo, we have taken a step back), this off season is about what COULD have been.

We COULD have signed O'Donnell, Mason and Zherdev, resigned Coburn, Carcillo and Powe, and still kept Gagne.

Coburn was given 500K more than he would have gotten on the market (1M more than he deserved in my opinion), Leighton could have replaced Boucher as backup for the same cap hit (or be allowed to walk and get epically Biron'd), Shelly was a waste of cap space and Meszaros was just beyond stupid in multiple ways.

Take Shelly, Mes and Leighton off the books and give Coburn .5M less (or take the 1st and 3rd draft picks from an offer sheet to the bank) = 7.15M saved which is MORE than enough for everything I mentioned above.

The WORST PART of it all is that we are ****ED next year when Carter, Giroux and (to a lesser extent) Leino need contracts, with Gagne staying this year he was built in cap space to give to those three, now what the **** do we do with Walker at 1.7M for 2 more years, Mes at 4M for 3 more years and Shelly at 1.1M for 2 more years.

This offseason was a giant failure for this coming year, but the birthing pangs of failure have only yet begun to be felt.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote