View Single Post
Old
07-20-2010, 03:44 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
It's not just that. The conference generally got better from top to bottom. The Rangers are counting on continuity and development from their younger players. Guess what? So are Carolina, Toronto, Atlanta and the Islanders. Imagine if the Rangers lost Henke last year the same amount of time Carolina lost Ward? TB just added Gagne and Ellis, Hedman is in his 2nd year, and Stamkos is in his 3rd? They just flew by the Rangers. You can make a case that Toronto is not as good as the Rangers, although, their D looks stronger, and they added Armstrong and Versteeg. Atlanta added Ladd, Byfuglien and Mason, and should expect continued growth from Kane, Little, Bergfors and Bogosian. The Rangers aren't operating in a vacuum here. Teams behind them got better, and teams in front of them widened the gap.
Which is exactly how I feel.

I merely addressed the deficiencies of our own team, not even addressing how much better every other team around us got. The future doesn't look too shabby, but we're in for a painful upcoming season.

I Eat Crow is online now   Reply With Quote