View Single Post
Old
07-20-2010, 03:54 PM
nystromshairstylist
Puck Control Master

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHawks View Post
Honestly I think this is the answer. I am by no means an advanced player, in fact I have only been playing organized hockey for probably 6 months more than you, but I know how you feel. You are probably not ready for any league play yet. You have only been playing for 4 months or so and you probably don't have enough confidence to be playing out there properly. I know I tried to join a league way too quick and I was way overmatched. I knew I was hurting the team and my confidence was shot. I told the team for their benefit that I was going to take the rest of the season off to improve my game rather then being out there bringing them down and possibly injuring myself and other's with my inexperience. The team was cool with it (not short on players at all) and I was happy to have the pressure off me. Take some time to get better on your own and when you are really ready then get out there and kick some ass. Next time a jerk tries to push you around you will have the ability and the confidence to either avoid the hit or go lay him on his ass next time down the ice.
For this reason, I am thinking about sitting out the playoff game as I am not exactly helping the team, and starting perhaps private lessons to focus on my skating exclusively.

If i cannot skate better, i will never become a better player, and even my old man, who knows next to nothing about hockey, came to the game last night and i can hear in his voice how he was trying to be polite: "you try hard, but you are just slow when you turn..." That's his way of saying i am not very good out there right now.

The other BS that went on in the game was unacceptable, and even if i was Malkin I would have had to deal with it as i did - but the inability to be more of an impactful player on the ice has to be worked on.

nystromshairstylist is offline   Reply With Quote