View Single Post
Old
07-20-2010, 07:20 PM
vyktor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Where do you live, OP? Every rink I've ever played at has had a pro-shop in it, whether it be in the Toronto area, Ottawa, Quebec etc. Some are small and only have the bare essentials while some are larger and have more variety.

And I've never heard of a rink supplying pucks for games or practices.
I'm in Pittsburgh, and while most of the rinks have proshops, they are rarely open, usually for a couple of hours in the afternoon and 8-10 hours on a busy weekend. Men's league games are almost always after that, there usually not staffed during stick times and often not when the kids are practicing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by densetsu View Post
With the wide range of sizes of all these items, you know that the machine is going to be jammed up half the time. Or else it'll be quickly filled up with money because guys are putting in a ton of bills and coins to pay for a $30 sharpening stone.

If there's no concession stand, then let the office sell these items in person. A vending machine would be a logistical nightmare.

Though if I were to sell items, toss in pucks and water bottles. In a group of 15 guys, when one person runs out of tape or wax or laces, or needs a sharpening stone, then there's bound to be 10 other guys with these items. But when a men's league team has one person responsible to bring a bag of pucks, or the water bottles, and they forget... chaos ensues. Even having five pucks for warmup, or a few water bottles on the bench is infinitely better than having none at all, and you'd be surprised how many guys never keep a few pucks or their own water bottle in their bag.

Also, where's the boiling water for molding the mouthguard going to come from?
The offices aren't really interested in having to maintain stock and add to what the cashiers have to do.

You've never molded a mouthpiece in a cup of coffee or tea? you've no idea what you are missing out on. There's already a hot beverage machine there, not sure how well the hot cocoa would work. The thing is if your kid needs one stuffed in his mouth or he can't play you can go un-molded.

vyktor is offline   Reply With Quote