Thread: Confirmed with Link: Kovalchuk Deal Rejected
View Single Post
Old
07-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Seriously. What if the Devils had already moved salary today (not that Lou would be that stupid, but theoretically), and then this happened? SOL?

It is funny that it happened after the press conf. I'd imagine they'll get together and find a contract that works, but in the future for these big signings they need to have league officials there to approve it quickly.
Yeah, that's the only thing I can criticize the NHl for in this case. They should have come to a decision much, much sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Well, Bettman had to draw the line somewhere. The line apparently sits somewhere between 12 (Hossa) and 17 years.
This is why I'm surprised at Devils fans. This contract was severely, severely worse then any contract before it. Hossa has the worst after him and his deal was still 5 years shorter and Hossa will be younger when his contract ends then Kovalchuk will be when his ends.

If my team handed out a contract that was not only blatantly cap-circumventing and so obvious that the player wouldn't play out the whole contract then I'd be kind of glad that the NHL nixed it. Even if that caliber of player would make my team better, the kind of contract that Kovalchuk was handed was utterly ridiculous, simply put.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote