View Single Post
Old
07-21-2010, 02:16 AM
defer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
I'll put it this way: which do you think is better for a rookie defenseman:

He could be thrown on in the top 4. If he struggles, his confidence can go way down.

Or

He could be placed on the bottom pair getting 13 minutes a game. If he does well, he could see spot duty on the top 4, and may see permaent duty.

I'm 100% for the 2nd choice. Yes you are right we haven't seen any defensive prospects do well, but that isn't due to the system IMO. I think we handled Huskins very well. He had a year on the bottom pair and did very well. The next year he was given the spot in the top 4 cause he earned it. He failed in that role but not because of the system.

I think Sbisa should get 1st crack at the 5/6 spot, but if he struggles and Mikk outplays him, then he goes to the AHL and Mikk gets the 6th spot with Festerling as #7. It won't hurt Festerling one bit to be our #7 because frankly i think what we've seen is what we are going to get with him.
i totally agree that IF sbisa plays in the NHL he needs to start on the 3rd pairing but i still think he should start out in the AHL till an injury requires another defender. or until it becomes clear that the AHL is not helping him anymore.

defer* is offline   Reply With Quote