Thread: STU Tommies
View Single Post
Old
07-21-2010, 02:26 AM
rantfather

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED ARMY EAST View Post
Local Tommie fans are fed up! Rum Row has shrunk to the point that it is hard to hide your booze in the crowd. A shame, as they made life difficult for any opposing goaltender (ask Reg Bourcier) with their constant hounding and chirping. It is now an unpopular trend of excuses which have led to failure.
You cannot recruit Maritime JR players and expect to beat the top teams in the AUS.
It's the best conference in the nation and they need some solid recruiting.
Melanson has only 1 year left if I'm not mistaking, not much of an investment.
The Nationals are here for two years, meaning they should have improved enough to challenge for a birth, but the cats will most likely play in the basement.
Look what Pete Belliveau has done in Dal in a short amount of time, get my point>
[B]Too many "not quite ready for primetime" players at STU! There have been some excellant MJHL graduates Ryan Locke,Justin Bowers and currently Cory Banfield with the Tommies but too many far less talented ones are taking up space in the line-up.
To be fair there are also a number of Major Jr A's who really aren't good enough for the AUS and another group who are being employed far beyond their capabilities and collectively had a +- of nearly -50( no need to mention names as everybody knows who we are talking about).

A very undermanned "d" puts too much pressure on probably the best goaltender in the AUS who on most nights has inadequate support( needs to be bigger,nastier and better puck movers)

Last years 2nd line is NOT and should be used less often and another top 6 combination has to be recruited to go along with the Wild West combination.

Current recruiting practices will unlikely rectify the lack of numbers required for STU to do much better than last year as most teams have improved ignificantly and no amount of "spin doctoring" changes the obvious facts that there just aren't enough and no likelyhood of many improvements,I hope that I am wrong and we will see soon enough.