View Single Post
Old
07-21-2010, 12:02 PM
timekeep

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
It used to be that girdles were just for inline, but now there are some girdles you can get with more protection and the option to add a shell that can work for ice hockey too, and I think the girdle you're looking at is one of them. Girdles have a tighter fit, pants have a looser fit, you should really try both on in a store and see what feels better for you. Virtually all ice hockey players where pants, though.

For light, mobile pants lots of people seem to like Tacklas as well (haven't tried them myself, but have played with tonnes of guys who own and love them), might be worth trying on too.
Girdles have been for hockey for over 25 years, remember the Cooper-all. The good thing about girdles was the extra protection over pants and the choices for shell colors. The bad about the girdles, like you say, is the tightness and what I found with them is the sweating. I had girdles from bantam until about 10 years ago, they stank and I love the freedom of one piece pants. And the new pants provide way more protection than they used to.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote