View Single Post
Old
07-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Casey 91 View Post
So you have holes at the number 2 center spot and the more noticeably the wing. We holes in the 1 and 2 defender position. May Joe and Dean do there best to fill those by my count 2 holes on either side. I'll admit ours are of the gaping variety.
The difference is we are five years into our rebuild, with 7 first round picks in that span and we still have holes. You guys were in the Western Conf. Finals two years ago.

He says winger is the easiest position to fill, yet the Kings in the five years since he took over have traded away two first line wingers and never truly replaced either one, and now this summer have let another former 35 goal guy walk for nothing, so if its so easy to sign a first line winger why has he been unable to?

I really think you guys are in great hands with Joe Nieuwendyk, he is a proven winner, a hockey guy who players and hockey people respect and a Cornell guy as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Casey 91 View Post
No. So where does Hickey even fit in LA if he hasn't taken Harrold's spot yet? I ask, because I haven't followed Hickey's progress. You don't give up a number 1 center for him, if you want to talk JJ, I'm sure there'd be some interest.
The Kings went D in this years draft even though we have no serious prospects on the wing, that should tell you how they feel about our defensive prospects.

It's not a talent issue with Hickey, it never has been, its that he is a 5'10 d-man with injury issues. If he could stay healthy who knows he might be another Boyle or Visnovsky, but I don't see his value being anything close to Brad Richards, if Richards is out on the block at the deadline there will be a nice bidding war for his services, a 90 point #1 center, former Conn Smythe winner with an expiring contract, the demand would be huge.

Last edited by Herby: 07-21-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Herby is offline   Reply With Quote