View Single Post
Old
07-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Caseman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_ View Post
Ah, there's nothing like bringing up a thread from the dead.

I saw 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' tonight. It's a foreign flick based upon the best selling book of the same title by Stieg Larsson. I'm always weary of movies based upon books I've read, but to my surprise, the movie did not butcher the book at all. Sure, there were a lot of details and subplots left out, but it wasn't anything like the movie 'Sahara' based upon Clive Cussler's book of the same name where they butchered everything. I'm curious whether the film will get an American re-make, and if so, if they will decide to take too many liberties with what is a fantastic story.

Anways, the movie was pretty good. It's a bit long (2:30), but it's not one where you're constantly looking at the clock during. Bottom line, if you liked the book, you'll like the movie. If you haven't read the book, it's essentially about a disgraced journalist being hired to solve a 40 year-old murder mystery who calls on a social misfit young woman computer hacker to help him investigate. That might not sound too exciting, but the book was a best seller for a reason.
I checked it out and I liked it Like you said, a lil long, but it held my interest. I never read the book, so it was somewhat hard following the storyline, especially when relying on my ability to read flashing subtitles, but I believe I got most of it.

Anyways, I'm off to watch City of God now (glovesave's glowing recommendation )

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote