View Single Post
Old
07-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Yep, I do. You can't measure what Smyth taught the kids last season about being a pro's pro and doing things the right way, as compared to talking real estate in the lockerroom and how you can't wait to bolt when you turn UFA.

Jack has a new daddy now.

You do have them in a bunch don't you. That's funny. Please come back to our board and defend your position on the Visnovsky trade that brought us Stoll and Greene. It was a hockey deal, no malice he was just making the team better.
And they couldn't have gotten a veteran like Knuble to do that, and not hand-cuff the franchise as far as the cap goes. Ryan Smyth is grossly overpaid for what he brings to the LA Kings. And his contract is haunting us right now in this cap world, if you don't see that I don't know what to say.

Jack has a new daddy? That makes a lot of sense, just answer the question, what did Lombardi trashing Red Berenson and the Michigan program accomplish?

If the Michigan hockey program is so bad as you and your daddy say it is, why have we sent more players to the NHL than any other program in the last fifteen years, after 25 years of poor coaching wouldn't word have gotten out and kids would have looked elsewhere?

Nope, because its just Dean talking out of his butt like usual.

As for the trade, I've said my part, it was a callous and cold move. How can you talk about loyalty to players after pulling a move like that. And for the actual players, I love Matt Greene, I am even thinking of getting his jersey, but he is no Lubomir Visnovsky, its a lot easier to get players like Greene and Stoll than it is to get a #1 d-man like Visnovsky. Stoll is a good 3rd line center, but we are loaded at center, he probably won't even be in LA much longer.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote