View Single Post
Old
07-22-2010, 01:43 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I talked to my source about this, and he seems to think that Cote will be waived and Bartulis start the season as a Phantom. He also said that the Flyers are NOT in on Theodore, but are still considering Turco and another defenseman or forward(!) could be moved. Holmgren is still cool with Leighton, though, and Boucher would be gone if another goalie is required. They are apparently VERY high on Bobrovsky and Eriksson, too, and they think that at least one will be in Philly in 2011-12, and Turco (or whoever) would not be signed for more than two seasons.
It just seems to me its just not Holmgren's style to waive a guy who he consiters loyal. The only time he did that I can recall was when Briere came back in the 08-09 season from injury he was forced to waive Metropolit and Vaananen so he would have the cap space to bring back Briere.
of course you may be right with your source but I will be shocked honestly. This has been such a major downer of what I thought would be a promising offseason that I wont be shocked if Holmgren ****s things up even more.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote