07-22-2010, 01:56 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMM View Post
Summary:
- Plan to clear out some kind of trophy case in the arena to make room for Stanley Cup, complete with lights.

- Regarding Shea Weber, first of all, this is Poile's decision, and Poile has informed the ownership that Weber will be re-signed. Weber leads by example, is not a talker. We have had talks with Weber, "we know the zip code of the area of what he wants and we're prepared to give it to him". We can give him what he wants, and he will be the captain for many years to come, we've budgeted the money that Weber wants. Jokingly he says, "So if this doesn't work, it's all Poile's fault".

- Goal is to do something for the fans each year that is significantly better than year before. Ownership is not happy with the merchandise.
Thanks for the summary!!

I like these points.

Love that about Weber, Suter. Sounds like negotiations should go pretty smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
The question is...will the superwonderful daily local newspaper splash this bit of information all over its frontpage as it has done other "off ice" news with this team?
Also, how disappointed will I be after scanning the fishwrap for an article about the PREDS donating $125,000 to the Children's Cancer Hospital earlier today?????
good one.....

Oh you won't find that. They never reported that the Preds donated $130,000 at the Nashville Rising Concert, or that the Preds won one of the Nashville Business Journal's 2010 Corporate Philanthropy Awards ("The judges were blown away by all that the organization does for the community, and will recognize the Nashville Predators for their outstanding philanthropic efforts at a special section and awards luncheon (on Thursday, May 13) celebrating 12 winning for-profit companies who go above and beyond in their philanthropic efforts, making a tremendous positive impact on local charities and non-profits.") I mean, the Titans have training camp previews 2 weeks before camp, we couldn't even get an ongoing prospect camp covered.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote