View Single Post
Old
07-22-2010, 10:37 AM
nystromshairstylist
Puck Control Master

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
If you want officials to call everything in men's rec hockey, you are gonna want to get into another sport because that won't happen, for 2 reasons, A. games would take way too long, and B. teams won't have enough players, typically in a men's game, for every penalty that is actually called, there are 3-4 that could have been called, that's just how it is.
I played many years of organized baseball and basketball - and reffed it too, so this is the case in most sports, many things won't be called.

HOWEVER, given how dangerous hockey is - look at the "slewfoot" issue mentioned in this thread - it is imperative that the refs blow the whistle on particularly aggregious plays, especially those with intent to injure. A 2-handed shove long after the puck was passed has no other purpose i can think of, and would it not be roughing even in the NHL? This is a no-checking league, so i cannot guess how someone can explain away a 2-handed push in a league where you are supposed to be chasing the puck - not the person.

Quote:
For the absolute moron who told you to slewfoot someone, the guy should never step on the ice again, that is absolutely brutal, and the guy obviously has never been on the receiving end of a well timed slewfoot otherwise he would know better than to state that.
I've fallen now several times backwards on my left hip, either through my own awkwardness or being pushed, etc. and it is getting more and more sore after each game - i wonder if i've seriously injured it...?

Since a slewfoot leads to someone falling directly backwards, I'd have to say that this is a rather improper, unsportsmanlike move...

nystromshairstylist is offline   Reply With Quote