View Single Post
Old
07-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Happiness is largely dictated by one's status within one's group of acquaintances. If you're the poorest guy among your group of friends you are sure to be unhappy. This spectrum exists among the elite as well as the poor. So resentment is one of the big problems in the world today and nobody really ever discusses it but I think that it's a large unspoken part of sport. When a guy is sitting on the bench seeing a better-paid colleague not doing much, he surely thinks that he's not getting a fair deal. We pretend this doesn't exist but it surely does. I don't think harmony is necessary for a successful hockey club but I think someone should do a study on this. I bet that teams with underperforming high-salaried players do a lot more poorly than a team like Phoenix where nobody is making big money.
Wow. What age are you? Your vision of happiness is superficial and irrealistic. Are you happy? I wonder this, because you don't seem to understand how happiness works, or rather, you base happiness on your own set of values, a set of values that are unrelated to what makes most people happy.

My Dad always had more money than my Mother, they've been divorced since I was 1 year old. But my Mom has always been the happiest.

Your formula for hapiness is tainted with materialism and a lack of spirituality. Getting more money doesn't create happiness. If it does, it is only temporarily and of very short term. The most happy people I've met in my life weren't rich, and the rich people I've met weren't necessarily happy.

The appetite that drives people to get money is greed. Intense greed is a mental disorder, where someone always wants more money, and doesn't become happy unless he gets more, but only temporarily, he then has to get more, and more, and ends-up always unhappy of not having enough. The richest people on the planet (the real ones, not the Forbes list) are extremely greedy, and from hearing direct stories of them and their life, I can tell you that their children are unhappy and often commit suicide, the parents are unhappy and driven by materialism.

That's the biggest problem in our society. People running around with a mental disorder called greed. It is central to everything that is happening on this planet. Greedy people are among the least happy people.

You seriously need to start doing some introspection, because you don't have a clue how true happiness is attained.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote