Reality for 2010-11: Post-Gagne
View Single Post
07-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Originally Posted by
1. fair enough, but i think it's a matter of days before he is signed
2. Mes is going to look like an all star next year. You heard it here first.
3. Lol, who else would you rather have on the free market. Turco is hopefully should get quite bored during the season with our defense the way it is.
4. The problem is exactly that though. When was the last time gagne strung together a completly healthy season for the flyers. As much as i love the guy, he always had a little or large nigle somewhere. Far from the injury prone like the people on the main boards think, but it's not like he's put up 4 or 5 80 game season yet either and he's 30
1) I don't think we're going to sign Turco. If they really wanted him, they should have displayed an iota of patience in playing the goalie market. They didn't.
2) I doubt it. I think he'll be a more expensive version of Matt Carle.
3) The goalie situation sucks. Turco is an upgrade, but lets not act like we're bringing in a Vezina candidate either... I'd be happy to have him on a modest deal, but it's a stopgap, not a long-term solution.
4) Ah, year before last Gagne put up 34-40-74 +21. God we have short memories around here. Gagne is a goal scorer, not a playmaker and because of that his point totals are more modest. He has 2 30 goal seasons, and 2 40 goal seasons. Yes, he's injury prone, and that's why he wasn't worth another big, long contract... but for one year? Was worth the risk.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Jester