Richards - 32 goals, 69 assists, 101 points
Carter - 52 goals, 48 assists, 100 points
Briere - 37 goals, 55 assists, 92 points
Zherdev - 40 goals, 38 assists, 78 points
Giroux - 28 goals, 41 assists, 69 points
Hartnell - 34 goals, 29 assists, 63 points
JVR - 30 goals, 25 assists, 55 points
Leino - 22 goals, 28 assists, 50 points

275 goals from the above eight shouldn't be out of the norm. This is probably the deepest team that Laviolette has ever coached and I can see him really running everyone. Giroux is at the point in his game now where he's ready to take the next step and year three is usually when most players do it. I can see Giroux becoming the next 70 point forward on this team.

As for the defense:

Pronger - 10 goals, 45 assists, 55 points
Timonen - 7 goals, 40 assists, 47 points
Meszaros - 11 goals, 29 assists, 40 points
Carle - 8 goals, 27 assists, 35 points
Coburn - 4 goals, 15 assists, 19 points.

Once again, I know my totals are a little lofty. The 8 players and the 5 defensemen here would combine for a total of 315 goals (not that I think it isn't possible if they are all playing their best at all times). I've got to believe that the sting of losing in the finals is going to be something that's going to reverberate with everyone and I think everyone on this team is going to be driven to succeed and for that very reason, I see career numbers all across the board. I'm also sure that Laviolette is licking his chops just waiting for training camp to start so he can get a chance to really put his system into place. I'm expecting that this team finish at or very near the top of the conference and more important, I expect them to crush everyone in their division (or at the very least, go in with the mindset that they can be the dominant team in their division and conference). I don't want to hear this team think they can be good, they need to bring an attitude of "yes, we're not just good, we're very damned good."

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote