View Single Post
Old
10-02-2003, 08:06 AM
-MrBean-

vCash: 500
"I realize that, which is why I put the little disclaimer at the end about how drastic a re-building process will be necessary.

The point was that at least 2 of the teams (Detroit and Colorado) will go through a drastic rebuilding. Once that happens, the concept that "The Big 4" are the first ones you talk about as contenders for the cup each season will end. I think New Jersey will weather the storm quite well, and be among the major contenders, but not the odds-on favourite for a number of years. As long as Brodeur's on top of his game, they'll be a contender. Dallas will continue to be a playoff team for a couple of years after the new CBA, but will probably drop off considerably, as they're prospect system needs some replenishing. Much of their future success depends on what Turco can do in the long haul. Detroit and Colorado though will be heavily dismantled, and will be fighting to make the playoffs post-CBA, IMO."

Dallas has a very deep prospect system. We have 3 strong developing goalies in the farm teams, as well as plenty of skilled defenseman, wingers and centers. If you read some of the training notes from camp for Dallas this year you could see how hard some of the roster cuts have been.