Old
07-22-2010, 09:49 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post
I don't actually machine wash too much. The things I'll throw in are jerseys, socks, those spandex jock shorts (even says machine washable on mine), a set of Farrell shoulder pads (they're literally just spandex and foam, I only machine wash them because I've seen some people here say they machine wash them and never have issues), and the liners on my shin pads, which are basically just tough cloth and a little bit of padding. I never had problems with those. But you are making me a bit paranoid now.

Thanks for the tips though everybody, I'll have to make sure to try that shaving cream trick on my gloves. Does anyone recommend a certain amount of shaving cream to use?

Also, for the half alcohol and water mixture, do you just spray that and leave it to try, or do you spray it, let it dry, and then hose it off again?

Thanks again.
I bought an HE wash machine that doesnt have a tumbler in the middle so I wash ice hockey pants, jock, shin pads, elbow pads, shoulder pads and haven't had a problem. Gloves I spray with Febreze antimicrobial or Febreze Sport after every game, air dry and then spray again before I play. That seems to work really well, have had the gloves over a year and no smell. Once they get to the point I cannot defeat the funk then they go bye bye and it's time for new gloves.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote