View Single Post
Old
04-07-2005, 09:15 PM
easton122

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious Vic
Absolutely, 100% correct. Zeus is a very good player, but not worth moving up that far. I think MacLean would openly mock Clarke for such a proposal.
You think he'd mock him Since when is MacLean a top GM in this league? If he even has an inkling that the Bluejackets may have a shot at the playoffs he'd do this trade. I mean Nash will be older plus they have Marchant and Cassels. If they aqquired Handzus that would be a formidable top 3 centers. Handzus had 58 points last season with inconsistent linemates. He was the #3 center in icetime for most of the season and he put up 58 points. Imagine if he got 1st line minutes playing with Nash. Handzus would easily make up for Nash's lack of defensive polish and he's a good playmaker and goal scorer. A big guy who would be a force in the Western Conference even moreso than in the East.

Tampa Bay's condition as a franchise around the time of the 02 entry draft is similar to Columbus's condition as of right now. The 02 draft had one of the best top 4 players ever and the Flyers managed to deal Fedotenko, a 1st, and a 2nd to get Pitkanen. How do you Columbus fans think Handzus, a 1st and 2nd isn't worth the 4th overall pick in a draft that doesn't really compare to the 02 draft with the top 4 picks. Honestly if it would take Handzus, a 1st and a 2nd to get Ryan I wouldn't want Clarke to do it. However I know we could get him for cheaper than that as long as the Bluejackets would be looking to deal that pick in the first place.