View Single Post
Old
07-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Walnut

vCash: 500
I said mediocre idea.

The cap hit was the start of a chain reaction that meant Gagne was traded. To me this means that JVR will need to have a breakout season to replace the scoring lost with Simon gone. May be a big ask. Yes Zherdev will probably get around 20 goals but the guy defends like the French Army.

I get the point was to sure up the 3rd D pairing which was awful during the playoffs and with that it mind, it does, even though Meszaros has pretty much been a minus player ever since leaving Ottawa & Chara. He played with Walker, another big man last year, and still was a -8 (I think).

Also by later acquiring O'Donnell & Walker, aren't we stifling the prospects we've got on D? Personally I think that we have a half decent prospect pool on D what with Bartulis, Marshall & Lehtivuori.

I still believe we could have signed any of the following to lesser valued contracts and our 3rd D pairing would have been improved and we could have stayed under the cap.

Aaron Ward, Shaone Morrisonn, Denis Grebeshkov, Paul Mara, Andy Sutton, Jay McKee & Brian Pothier.

Yes some may be the wrong side of 35, but they could bring a guy like Bartulis along and probably for less than 4m a year.

Walnut is offline   Reply With Quote