View Single Post
Old
07-24-2010, 11:45 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
I think it could be viewed as good news. Trotter would have to clear wavers to be sent down and, who knows, some team could take a chance on him - it is a very low risk move for such a team. We clearly needed him to spent another year in hamilton to improve his skating and strength before considering him for a spot. So he can spend this season in the KHL where big ice should benefit his skating and come back next year. Worst case scenario he stays there for good but hi - he was a college FA.
agreed, I didn't have him on Hamilton's roster as I figured he would make the Habs as a spare or get moved as a throw in to a deal perhaps. With him in Russia we still retain his rights, and don't have to worry about him clearing waivers. Good point on his skating and strength cause if he can improve there that's going to be key for him as he has the puck skills to be an NHLer but lacks all the physical intangabiles.

Can't say I was a big fan of him for the Habs outside of a depth fill in for a game or two here and there, but I would rather keep his rights since he's still young at almost 23 years old then lose them for nothing or next to nothing as I would assume he won't have much value in a trade but he has excelled at every level so far. He was a standout at Denver, was the best player on his team in his sophmore year (Bozak was a freshman) and this past season he had a great year playing mostly with Desharnais (Desharnais seems to help everyone's point totals increase) so there's still some hope he can improve upon the physical aspects cause if he can get a little quicker and stronger it will bode well for him at whatever league he's at.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote