View Single Post
Old
07-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Lario Melieux*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
Does WVU suck? I hope so, I'm not that good yet. I played Roller hockey from ages 6-16 and ice from 8-14. Most of what remains is roller hockey fundamentals so I'm still bringing back what I remember from ice, and just getting my **** together in general. Right now I'm working on things that really just come down to ice time and getting used to it, such as vision, and overall what I guess you could call "hockey IQ." I'm decent on skates I would say. I never fall or anything, I'm decently quick, right now I'm just working on stopping which is coming a little slower than I would like. I'm decent now but I just need to work on stopping ALL momentum. I don't really kick up much snow. But that's the only thing I don't do well as far as skating goes. Right now I've been doing a lot of open skates, open stick and pucks, open rec hockey. If I don't make the team this year, I will continue to practice like that, but at some point organized team hockey in a serious league is in my future. So I guess maybe in that sense I should invest in nice skates since that is what is in store no matter what. I won't be giving up any time soon.

Greech, you're preaching to the choir brother. Pure Hockey opened here a month or two ago and I've lost so much income to that place it's ridiculous. HELL of a store. When I do save up and get a nice pair of skates which I guess is what's going to happen, that's where I'm going.
It's tough to say.... based on that I would say stick with the x20's and try to improve with them... but if you've been skating six years you could probably bump up to a little higher end skate.

I'd probably stick with the x20's for now. But then again, if you're set on playing for the team eventually, and are going to practice on your own this year if you don't make the team, it makes sense to get a decent pair and learn in those pair instead of a pair that you're just going to switch anyways.

Wish I could be more help... Good luck!

Lario Melieux* is offline   Reply With Quote