Thread: News Article: Versus Top-10 Goaltenders List
View Single Post
Old
07-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Greg in MA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist4Vezina View Post
Guys, I believe this list is based off of last season. Not since the lockout... But if it is, Lundqvist is third, at the least. Note: I can't see the article. It's saying it's not found.
http://www.versus.com/blogs/no-holdi...f-nhl-goalies/ is the full link. The way it's written makes it sound like it could be either Top Ten of last year or Top Ten of past few years.

Quote:
Who are the top 10 padded guardians of the corded igloo in the NHL right now? The Stanley Cup playoffs really got people thinking more about questions like that, with a re-examination around the league about just how important goalies really are.
This could lean both ways, but sounds more like Top Ten of past few years.

Quote:
Ward might be the one guy I'd stick in there if I had a do-over on this column actually. His saves percentage was better (.916-.913) than Luongo's, for instance.
Those are 2009-2010 statistics only.

Quote:
And he's won a Cup and taken a team to a conference final since 2006. And yet, he wasn't brilliant last year, either. A tough call either way.
And now back towards past few years.

The writer doesn't really quantify the time period. And although I don't think he means just the past season alone, I could see why he would put Lundqvist @ #8 for last season. Statistics-wise, it was an "off" season for him, about as "off" as you can get yet still carry the team on your shoulders every night and win 30+ games.

If he's saying this list is for the last few seasons (or since the lockout) he's crazy.

Greg in MA is offline   Reply With Quote