View Single Post
Old
07-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Jimmy Carter
Avs/Leafs fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defgarden View Post
Thanks for the tips. I'll sign up for the class. They're only 30 minute sessions, but they give you free public session the day of the class, plus the 5 extra. It seems like a good deal. Hopefully I can find a friend to go with me. I gotta find a public skate time that isn't that full either. Some weeks its not so bad, but yesterday was packed with people, and it's hard to practice for me, having to worry about everyone around me.
Awww dude you won't regret it. Started playing in a league figuring I could skate well enough and my first game was awful. Signed up for a skating class and by the end of the first season I was at least useful for fore/backchecking and D. Signed up for class again... next season I was anchoring the D and actually being a useful defensive forward when I played up. Mind you, this is all occurred between end November and start of April... so what, basically 4-5 months I went from being a laughing stock to a vital part of the D. I'm signed up for classes again so hopefully I keep getting better and I'll actually net more than 2 goals in 15 games this year

Well worth your money man

Jimmy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote