Thread: Offer Sheet
View Single Post
Old
07-25-2010, 02:47 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Its more than 10% when it comes to offer sheet.

Lets take Price as example. Let's say a desperate team signs him an offer sheet of 4M$/season for 5 years, that's around 1.5M$ more of what he may get in Montreal. It's easy to say 1.5$M, its not that "much" but after 5 years, its 7.5M$. It makes a huge difference.

It's easy for us to say, they're making so much money! They should be loyal to their team and blabla.. It's not like that anymore. Want it or not, its all about money and business. Team are no longer loyal to their players and coaches either. It's all business people, face it.
Pretty much, that's his mansion in europe right there. Necessary? No, but if offered...why not?

It's like me winning lotto 50 million and being like "I only need 2 million to not work and live fairly comfortably for the rest of my life, split the other 48 million with the rest"....uhhh no. I'm taking it and doing what I want with it. Don't care if I get 20 ferraris. I played, I won(prob give some to charity but u know what i mean). Someone offers you the money, you accept if you like the deal/team situation.

It's about more than money. If say a rebuilding team signs a young d-men or young top 6 forward. It's not the same opportunity, they are basically saying "hey buddy, forget playing 3rd line minutes, here's more money and a chance to be a star. We'll give you first line minutes and you won't be the 'depth' anymore, you'll be the go to guy." Why say no?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote