Old
07-25-2010, 02:00 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Because if they don't, nobody will. You hire who you know. And only the guys that worked in the Q, that have known guys in the Q will hire guys from the Q. And that's not a whole lot of GMs in the league. Therrien got hired by the Pens because of Mario. Hartley because the Habs were run by frenchies back then. And Hartley had to take the first job he was offered when he was fired by the Avs when he went to Atlanta because even though they were a crappy team, he had no other choices because he knew nobody else would have hired him because of his background.

Why do we suddenly need something different when Boucher was perfect? The perfect model to developing these young guys.
Why should it be the responsibility of the Habs to sign French coaches only? Its not like gym class where you pick who you know, its a business and you go with the smart business decision, you don't go with who you think deserves a promotion in life. Other teams in the NHL if they do their homework right will have candidates from the Q to be AHL, Asisstant coaches, and so on.

Just because Montreal is the only team in Quebec, doesn't mean they should forget that they run a business, I would be more upset if they hired a french coach who was much less qualified than the Anglo/Swede/Russian coach we could have signed, and our reason would have been because hes french. To me thats unprofessional and ludicrous, you don't hire people just because they are your neighbour. Guy Boucher was a no brainer to hire, he had already accomplished some impressive feats, and did amazingly well in his first year as an AHL coach, he was the best coach available last year imo.

This year it was Cunneyworth and I think it was a good move. I too was also on the Chuck Weber bandwagon, but I'm convinced Cunneyworth will do great things.

Last edited by JHabs: 07-26-2010 at 04:35 PM.
JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote