Thread: STU Tommies
View Single Post
Old
07-25-2010, 05:20 PM
STUTOMMIES

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantfather View Post
It occurs to me STUTOMMIES that you might have an opinion on the coaching situation with the Mens hockey @ STU.
Is 8 years a long enough trial run with which any valid evaluation might be made on the Eagle's record at STU?
I happen to believe that it is more than enough.
Well Rantfather, I have been trying to stay out of this debate but since you ask I will wade in.

My former website was bombarded with comments concerning Eagles and his tenure at STU. I read them all and often times would verify were they came from to suit myself. There were many posts from the same people but there was many unique ones as well. I think it was a pretty well known fact that I tried to support Eagles and perhaps even defend him. With that said, by the end of it, the comments got to me and perhaps started to sink in.

Long and short of it, if STU wants someone who will work hard, be loyal, and honest they have the right person.

If they want a good recruiter, social butterfly, and friend to all they don't have the right person.

I know the statistics of the team and they are not flattering since Eagles has taken over. Maybe they aren't his fault? Maybe he is the wrong coach for the institution where he is the coach? Perhaps at a larger school he could have better success with a large course offering and unlimited budget? I don't have answers for any of those things.

I want and I have always wanted my team to win and I have little hope of this happening. I would like to see us beat UNB on a regular basis, that isn't going to happen either.

On the plus side I don't have to go to the games anymore if I don't want to and give to something that just continues to break my heart.

I remember a time when UNB fans use to hate the Tommies and wouldn't hold back on the insults. They pity us now. There isn't even any use to teasing them, as the only one that looks STUpid is me.

The UNB fans have been quiet on this issue. As our natural rival (far from the biggest for years) how do you feel about sTu's current state of affairs and what can be done? I don't think the media guys should comment in this forum but I do think they should pay attention to what people are saying here.

kexoduc, drummer, foyle, rob, super squirrel, squirrel for ever, what is wrong?

AUS Fan, Island Husky, Alpine, Blue Ealge, Timbit, what do you think from outside the Freddy district?

I got carried away, I'm sorry. Woe is me.