View Single Post
Old
07-26-2010, 12:00 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
One of the main problems is the demonetization of oil. We need petroleum. Without petro, no plastics, no materials for a better life.

Also the lack of intellectual creativity in the thought process of fuel. Oil has become a black and white issue when the shear fact of the matter is that there are multiple solutions out there it takes the answers to everything; money and time.

Most want to eat the elephant in the room in one bite but when changing a society you MUST take it one bite at a time. Ok, coal is dirty, then build nuclear power plants. AH!!!! Nuclear! Ok, give me a new solution then. Solar! The parts to produce the cells are expensive the the energy production has not come close to reaching it's max on the back for the buck scale. WIND! Ok, then you have people complaining about huge eyesore turbines in the middle of the fields.

There are a lot of answers and we SHOULD be doing them all but the fact is we are a coal and oil society. We need industrial innovation to make the alternative energy alternatives cost effective. That takes R&D money, lots of it. I flat out can't afford to be energy efficient to a degree that is cost effective.

We know what the problem is. There is lots of solutions that don't eat the whole elephant but can take bites out of it. The question becomes, how can you make the solutions cheap enough for me to bite down?

MODERATOR'S EDIT: YES THIS IS TURNING INTO A POLITICAL DISCUSSION, BUT BEATTING ON THE DEAD HORSES THAT ARE RADULOV, LEGWAND, AND THE ROSTER CAN ONLY TAKE YOU SO FAR.

BEHAVE!
How dare you bring logic, reason and reality into a politically charged discussion.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote